Ratna Ling’s weekly schedule is rigorous with 6 days per week dedicated to work, classes in the evenings and ongoing practice opportunities. Being a part of our work-study program is an immersive and often life-changing experience. Work-study participants learn valuable job and life skills with opportunities for personal growth, expanding beyond previously held limitations and tapping into inner potential.
Included in our program is the opportunity to take classes in a variety of Buddhist studies: Meditation, Skillful Means (how work can be a path to inner knowledge), Buddhist history and philosophy, and Kum Nye (Tibetan yoga) and more. In addition, volunteers are able to participate in Buddhist celebrations, ceremonies, and practices if desired.
As a participant in our work-study program, you will receive:
- Free housing – you may have a roommate(s)
- Free vegetarian meals
- Free laundry facilities, Wi-Fi and domestic phone calls
- Modest monthly living allowance
- Free classes in a variety of Buddhist studies, Meditation, Skillful Means (how work can be a path to inner knowledge), Buddhist history and philosophy, and Kum Nye (Tibetan yoga)
The most valuable aspects of the work-study experience are the intangibles
- The opportunity to engage in an environment where meaningful work and self-development are highly valued
- Supportive, positive community environment
- Clean, fresh air, natural beauty, close proximity to hiking trails and the Pacific Ocean