We appreciate your interest in participating Ratna Ling! If you are excited about contributing to our two-fold mission of preserving Tibetan Buddhist culture and establishing Dharma in the West while living in an atmosphere conducive to personal growth, please download and return the volunteer application (below).
- Minimum commitment is 6 months with some exceptions on a case by case basis.
- We cannot accommodate children or pets.
- Couples in ongoing, well established relationships may apply, but must submit separate applications.
- All volunteers are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID before arrival at Ratna Ling.
We ask that applicants come with:
- Sincere interest in our mission
- Capacity to live harmoniously and respectfully in community
- Willingness to participate fully and follow community guidelines
- Physical, mental, and emotional health and stability with no major ongoing health concerns
- Financial resources to sustain personal needs (medical, transportation, loans, bills) for the full commitment period
Steps to apply:
- Download Ratna Ling Volunteer application.
- Return completed application and current resume to email@example.com
- We’ll reply within one week of receiving your application.
- You may be interviewed by one or more members of our community.
- We check a minimum of 4 references.
- Upon acceptance, a criminal record check is carried out by a trusted agency, with the cost shared equally by Ratna Ling and the prospective volunteer, each contributing $9.50.
In total the application process can take from 2 to 3 weeks.
Still Have Questions?
Contact Us to ask questions, share your aspirations, interests, resume, and photo. We look forward to hearing from you.